Kelly McDonald -nationally recognized marketing &communications expert who speaks on how to grow business with effective marketing techniques and how to connect with others to form relationships that are constructive and effective in business. She was named #1 on the list of “26 Hot Speakers” by Successful Meetings magazine and delivers up-to-the minute marketing advice for today’s diverse, dynamic marketplace. McDonald shares marketing insights and teaches tangible strategies and tactics for cultivating diverse consumers emotionally, rationally and with cultural relevance.
McDonald is the author of How to Market to People Not LikeYou, named a top business book of 2011 by Inc. magazine’s 800-CEO-Read and Forbes. Her second book, Crafting the Customer Service Experience for People Not Like You, was released in November 2012 and has been featured in Fast Company and BusinessWeek. The book shows how companies, brands, and products struggling to differentiate themselves in a sea of sameness can foster long-term loyalty and brand preference with exceptional and customized customer service.
McDonald works with clients such as Toyota, Harley-Davidson, Sherwin-Williams, State Farm and Miller/Coors. She has been featured on CNBC, in BusinessWeek, on CNNMoney.com and on Sirius/XM Radio. Her company, McDonald Marketing, has twice been named one of the top advertising agencies in the US by Advertising Age magazine.
McDonald is high energy and high content. Her enthusiasm ignites audiences of every size. She is often chosen as an opening or closing keynote speaker to set the tone for a conference. She’s a great fit for business owners, retailers, associations, HR professionals, corporate clients and hospitality professionals.
Kelly McDonald is a nationally recognized marketing expert, with deep specialization in diversity marketing and business trends. She was named #1 on Successful Meetings magazine’s list of “26 Hot Speakers”.
Kelly is the author of two books. Her first, “How to Market to People Not Like You”, was #7 on the list of Bestselling Business Books of 2011 and her latest book is titled “Crafting the Customer Experience for People Not Like You”.
She has been featured on CNBC, in BusinessWeek, on CNNMoney.com and on Sirius/XM Radio. She works with clients such as Toyota, Harley-Davidson, Sherwin-Williams, State Farm and Miller/Coors. Her company, McDonald Marketing, has twice been named one of the top advertising agencies in the U.S. by Advertising Age magazine.
As a professional speaker to businesses and organizations, Kelly shares marketing insights and teaches strategies and tactics for cultivating diverse consumers emotionally, rationally and with cultural relevance. Her topics are always customized to the specific industry and localized geographically as appropriate.
Kelly is a member of the National Speakers Association.
Kelly is high energy and high content. Her enthusiasm ignites audiences of every size. She is often chosen as an opening or closing keynote speaker to set the tone for a conference. Repeat clients also choose Kelly for “after lunch” sessions when audiences need to be enthused and excited. Here are a few comments from attendees regarding Kelly’s style:
• “GREAT speaker! Kept my interest the entire time.”
• “I have been coming to this conference for almost a decade and this was, by far, the best session I’ve ever attended.”
• “Kelly is terrific – her presentation style, combined with real world examples and step-by-step instructions on better marketing made this the highlight of the convention.”
• “Have her back!”
Kelly is a great fit for…
• Independent business owners (dealers, agents, franchisees) who need help with marketing and need clear, actionable steps, not just theory.
• Retailers who need to keep up with changing demographics and how these affect business, today and tomorrow.
• Association members who need ongoing marketing expertise, the latest thinking and trends and how to apply these to growing their business.
• HR professionals who want to educate their executives and associates about the growing diverse population of the U.S. and what it means to their business. Also, HR professionals who want to increase productivity and communication through better understanding differences between people.
• Corporate clients who hold sales meetings, marketing meetings, management meetings and leadership development meetings.
• Hospitality professionals, who need to know how to recruit, hire, train, retain and manage a diverse workforce.
• Any business with a workforce that has different generations working side-by-side.
Expertise: Advertising | Authors | BUSINESS | Communication | Consumer Trends | Customer Service | Demographics | Diversity | E-Commerce | Future Trends / Futurists | Generation X and beyond | Marketing | Public Relations | Retail | Social Media / Networking