Amy Cappellanti-Wolf is Former SVP & CHRO at Symantec, the world’s largest cybersecurity software company, based in Mountain View, CA. In addition to serving on the executive team and managing Symantec’s global HR function, she led Symantec’s workplace/ workforce strategy and planning, real estate and facilities function. Amy brings data, research and proven best practices to all of her keynotes and presentations, which makes her a gem of a speaker!
She is an AMAZING speaker and coach for executives focusing on talent as the key driver of business growth.
SPEAKING TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Technology & HR Effectiveness
• Business Transformation/Change Management
• Organizational Design and Process Management
• Business Partnerships
• Communication Strategy Facilitation
• Diversity & Inclusion in Tech.
• LEADERSHIP In this session, Amy draws upon her experience in transformational change, reviewing the new millennium’s changing business requirements. Though a case study regarding how to convert a traditional organization to an enabling enterprise, Amy teaches her audience how to evolve HR to be business centric around technology, workflow and products. Amy reviews Symantec’s framework for delivering results, from Global Data Privacy to Data Security in a mobile age, how an unstructured workforce adapts to digital strategy and the impact of robotics and artificial intelligence on the business, as well as the outcome of the company’s data driven analysis efforts.
• DEVELOPING A HIGH PERFORMANCE CULTURE THAT ENABLES YOUR COMPANY TO GROW & THRIVE In this session, Amy outlines how a strong organizational culture can clearly differentiate a business from its competitors in the mind of its stakeholders. According to LSA Global, a consulting firm specializing in culture and talent, companies that align culture with business have more growth and more profitability. They have three times the customer satisfaction, two times the customer retention, eight times leadership effectiveness and over 17 times more employee engagement. Every culture is unique to the company and the culture reinforces the company when it is well defined. Yet, only companies that can relate their cultures directly to their business strategy will perform and grow. What role does culture play in the growth of a company? How can we enable culture to grow our business? What processes can we implement to ensure our culture optimizes our business strategy? In this session, Amy explores how culture and business strategy go hand in hand, and demonstrates how culture is a key enabler for growing the business. Using real life examples, Amy explain how to integrate business strategy with culture, and lays out proven tools, processes and systems to develop a strong culture that helps the business grow and thrive. She uses Symantec’s experience as the example.
• TECHNOLOGY AND IT’S IMPACT ON HR’S EFFECTIVENESS Technology runs today’s workplace but what role does it play for a department that has the word “human” in its title? Racing through rapid-fire business acquisitions, Amy had to find the best path to leverage technology without losing the focus on employees. Amy delivers the tools you need to build an HR strategy that can solve real business problems while keeping the “human” in “Human Resources.”
• KEYS TO CREATING A DIVERSE & INCLUSIVE WORKFORCE Most global businesses today have wide ranging customer sets, with multinational needs and solutions. Those that are well positioned for success will have workforces resembling the customer base and community as a whole. Without diversity of thought and experience, the customer base cannot be understood or properly served. Diversity in the workforce and equal treatment are therefore prerequisites for any successful organization. In order to represent everybody -not just a segment of the employees, businesses must remove biases, get the best and brightest in the war for talent and embrace all the different benefits diversity brings for their customers. In this session, Amy explains the critical need for a diverse and inclusive business environment and the effectiveness of the “diversity multiplier”. She shares practices she has put in place to help leverage the power of inclusion. Finally, she will explore how having a strong talent and workforce strategy results in amazing dividends for all customers and shareholders.
• SURVIVING and THRIVING THROUGHOUT ENTERPRISE TRANSFORMATION Executive teams are facing multiple and complex demands arising from changing market pressures, disruptive technology, acquisitions and competition for talent. CEOs and their surrounding teams know that attention to top and bottom lines is crucial. Today’s enterprise is a complicated, open and alive system that must keep adapting to change. Thriving through transformation requires prioritizing people throughout. In this session, Amy lays out the challenges companies are facing, and provide processes and systems that have been successfully implemented to prioritize talent during change, and help HR leaders successfully navigate change.
Amy Cappellanti-Wolf is Chief Human Resources Officer at Cohesity, a company with a mission to radically simplify how organizations manage their data and unlock limitless value. Amy is an accomplished senior human resources professional, business transformer and executive coach with expertise in working with startups to Fortune 500 enterprises. Her capabilities focus on developing high performance leadership teams and guiding organizations through complex and challenging business transformations, including pre-IPO, rapid growth, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and culture changes. Her management roles span high-tech (Symantec, Silver Spring Networks, Cisco, Sun Microsystems), entertainment (The Walt Disney Company), and consumer goods (Frito-Lay). Amy’s specialty areas include Business Transformation and Change Management, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Organizational Design and Process Management, and Total Rewards. Amy holds an M.S. in Industrial and Labor Relations and a B.S. in Journalism and Public Relations, both from WVU. She sits on the Board of Directors for Softchoice, an IT solutions and managed service provider, and Betterworks, a performance management platform, and is an HR Advisory Member to Betterworks and Hitch, a company focused on an end-to-end talent operating platform. Recently named one of the top 50 most influential women tech leaders by the National Diversity Council, Amy has been a Forbes Human Resources Council Official Member since September 2018. In October 2019, Amy was named to the Roll of Distinguished Alumni at WVU’s John Chambers College of Business and Economics
Amy is a frequent speaker and lecturer at industry-related conferences.
GIVE US A CALL TO HAVE AMY SPEAK AT YOUR NEXT EVENT!