WHAT IS SEO?
Jean’s keynotes provide web solutions for both business and corporate development projects. She is a “whole project person” .
Jean is a technology expert who began her career with Microsoft Web Expressions, and then quickly transitioned with her own business in the corporate technology world. She has led both small and large scale projects in all aspects of business. Her expertise in web solutions and SEO brings a refreshing mix of real world techniques that are easy to apply!
She began website development in 1995, writing code. Since then, she graduated to WordPress for site development. SEO was a most important part of the process as she wanted her work to be first page in maps or number-one first page, Google, Bing and Yahoo. Jean knows the rules set by Google and Bing and follows them. Her results are outstanding, and yours will be too!
You will learn all about Black Hat SEO, which is a practice against search engine guidelines, used to get a site ranking higher in search results. These unethical tactics don’t help the searcher and often end in a penalty from search engines. Black hat techniques include keyword stuffing, cloaking and using private link networks.
You will also learn about White Hat SEO, which refers to any practice that improves your search rankings on a search engine results page (SERP) while maintaining the integrity of your website and staying within the search engines’ terms of service.
LEARN THE TECHNIQUES What these mean:
• Social Media
• Google, Bing Webmaster Tools
• WordPress theme – Does the theme work with SEO. Not all WP themes are SEO friendly.
• H Tags
• Robots and Spiders – Always have a robots.txt and a sitemap.xml
• Title, Content, Keywords
• Click Throughs
• Meta Tag – Header and Footer Script
• Using Tags on site
• Google, Bing Verification
• Google My Business
WHAT NOT TO DO What these mean:
• Dismiss Verifications
• Overuse of click through
• Dismiss Title, Content and Keywords
• Dismiss H Tags
• Dismiss social media
• Learn how just a bit of correct information a website can be taken to page one!
• Learn to stay away from Black hat SEO, and why.
• Lean why you should not over-click the site when found.
• Learn how to practice white hat SEO, and what that means.
• Learn why search engines clock IP addresses, why they will punish the site and then drop it to page 2 or 3