In the 20 years Anthony Melchiorri has been in the hospitality business, he has a proven track record of understanding a company’s vision, its individual parts, and how to make those parts work together to complete the whole picture. Knowing that attention to detail and making each part of the operation functional and strong are key to profitability, Anthony has developed and re-positioned some of the finest and most high profile properties in the United States including the first Nickelodeon Hotel and Resort and the landmark Algonquin Hotel.
Anthony takes on clients in need of development or immediate re-positioning, applies his experience and ability to assemble teams specialized in hotel management, and adds value for the owners and developers to ultimately increase their bottom line. He has help create and implement a web-based third-party hotel company that helps owners attract customers at significantly lower margins than traditional third-party companies.
Anthony will help your audience understand how to create a plan, market, promote, and turn their company’s staff into a well-oiled machine. He has an unmatched ability to break down problems and find solutions that generate profits.
Your brand is your calling card & the reason your customers choose you!
Anthony focuses on the following key issues to ensure that they all blend into your mission statement and the vision you have for your company.
He will help you answer critical questions about:
- Your Identify: Who are you and why do you exist?
- Collateral: If a customer touches it, they are touching your business.
- Design Management: We create from the inside out and build designs that reflect your business, not a trend or a copy of a competitor.
- Web Sites: They are tools that never tire or sleep and have the potential to expand your brand while you reach and exceed you dreams.
Sales and Marketing
Sales and Marketing are key to keeping your company flexible and moving forward. Develop strategies that will direct a larger market share of your targeted business to you, a critical function of your sales and marketing team. Most companies have reasonably effective sales and marketing departments but few have the creativity to set the standard for how to break down each market segment and work out a strategy to achieve the most desired results.
Your audience will learn the following:
- How to assess your team and your plan
- Ensure creation of short term corrective actions while working on long term solutions
- Evaluate other sales offices, including your competition
- Break down market segmentation and enact a plan for each segment
- Review and evaluate your standing within your compset and devise a plan to take full advantage of all your opportunities
Anthony’s years of experience working with clients has enabled him to identify problems common to both fledgling as well as established companies. This has also given him the insight to help solve them – it’s not as easy as you might think! He will teach you how to develop effective company policies, train your staff, and manage your employees. Learning how to recognize sources of trouble before they have a chance to become crippling issues is vital to building a firm foundation for your company so that it can reach its full potential.
Anthony also teaches:
- Develop Strategic Short and Long Term Planning. It may be a cliché, but it’s nevertheless true that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
- Enhance Your Customer Service and Create Esprit de Corps. He will help you and your staff strive for ever greater customer satisfaction and teach you how to instill professional pride and team spirit in your employees. Anthony strongly believes that a hallmark of the service industry is recognizing the needs and desires of customers and doing your best to exceed their expectations. As the head of any company there is a responsibility to pass that knowledge and understanding along to every member of the staff.
- Keep the Bottom-Line in Mind. He will assist you to develop the skills to create realistic budgets, cash flow analysis, and capital investment plans
- Learn How Best to Deal with Contractors, Vendors and Purchasing Agents. Get your venture off the ground and keep it operating profitably before, during, and after opening
- Improve Your Aesthetic and Design Concepts. Following the cardinal rule that form follows function
- Manage and Instruct. Managing the relationships between the corporate offices and the brands can be difficult and challenging requiring skill and finesse
KEEPING A CLEAR HEAD
Your company’s image is the public face that you present to the world. How you are perceived is far too important to be left to chance. An effective public relations campaign has to be designed to let others know who you are, what you stand for, and how the unique services you provide can benefit them.
Learn how to:
- Develop press kits and releases
- Ensure your PR needs are met
- Provide advice on how best to integrate your business into the social media
- Set up crisis communication procedures
- Train you and your staff about how best to deal with the media
- Help you develop the “Big Idea” that can launch, reinvent or expand your business success
The Public Perception of your Brand is the Single most important Identifier of your Company.
In the 20 years Anthony Melchiorri has been in the hospitality business, he has a proven track record of understanding a company’s vision, its individual parts, and how to make those parts work together to complete the whole picture. Knowing that attention to detail and making each part of the operation functional and strong are key to profitability, Melchiorri has developed and repositioned some of the finest and most high profile properties in the United States including the first Nickelodeon Hotel and Resort and the landmark Algonquin Hotel. He takes on clients in need of development or immediate re-positioning, applies his experience and ability to assemble teams specialized in hotel management, and adds value for the owners and developers to ultimately increase their bottom line.
This April, Melchiorri brings his expertise as the “hotel fixer” to Travel Channel’s new original series “Hotel Impossible.” In this weekly one-hour program, he helps turn around the business of a struggling hotel fighting to survive.
Melchiorri was put on the fast track to success early on at the landmark Plaza Hotel as director of front office operations. This led to several operation positions at such hotels as the Embassy Suites and Millennium Hotels. By the age of 29, Melchiorri became a seasoned professional and was selected to be general manager of the Lucerne Hotel in 1997. Under Melchiorri’s management, the Lucerne was developed into one of the top ranking hotels in New York City, and selected as the New York Times Travel Guide’s Best Service Hotel.
After seven years at the Lucerne, Melchiorri was appointed general manager of the world famous Algonquin Hotel. At the time, the Algonquin had seen better days. Melchiorri and his team closed the hotel for a month and oversaw a basement-to-roof renovation, including all the restaurants and back-of-house areas. Not only did Melchiorri complete the project on schedule and on budget, but he and his team re-positioned The Algonquin to become a highly-rated Michelin Guide Hotel. Further, the hotel’s public relations campaign won a Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International “Best of Show Award” for marketing.
After the Algonquin was re-positioned by Melchiorri and his team, the hotel owner sold it for a significant return and asked Melchiorri to be senior vice president of the first Nickelodeon Hotel and Resort. There, he oversaw the 25 acre, 800 room resort helping it to become one of the most sought-after travel destinations in Orlando, Florida. Melchiorri successfully made the transition into the asset management side of the business, becoming the first vice president of Tishman Hotels and the asset manager of the Westin Hotel in Times Square.
As senior vice president of New York Hotel Management Company, Melchiorri helped develop a 310 all-suite hotel in Times Square overseeing construction, design, pre-opening, opening and post-opening operations. When Melchiorri’s work was complete, the TripAdvisor guest satisfaction score for the hotel had reached 96%, putting the hotel in the top-two percentile of all hotels in New York City.
Melchiorri has an unmatched ability to break down problems and find solutions that generate profits. In addition to being the host and lead in Travel Channel’s “Hotel Impossible,” he also runs his own company, Argeo Hospitality, consulting on hotel projects for private owners and investors. Argeo Hospitality has the ability to create a plan, market and promote a company, and turn its staff into a well-oiled machine.
Melchiorri served for five years as a protocol officer in the U.S Air Force. He currently resides in New York with his wife and three children.