Detective Kevin Coffey specializes in travel safety seminars, training tapes and travel safety products. Kevin Coffey is an active, 23-year police veteran, currently employed with one of the largest police departments in the United States, and holds the rank of Detective Sergeant. He founded the Airport Crimes Investigations Detail and has been personally responsible for investigating thousands of crimes committed against travelers at airports, hotels, and car rental agencies.
His expertise has allowed him to identify the most common methods and locations used by professional criminals who target travelers, and to develop strategies to reduce traveler’s victim potential.
Kevin, a dynamic and unique speaker, is both an active police detective and crime avoidance expert who offers his expertise and advice with just the right amount of humor.
Laptop and Data Theft Prevention
Make Mobile Workers Part of Your Security Solution, Rather Than Part of Your Security Problem
- Step-by-step “how-to’s” for securing your mobile devices from theft while on the road.
- Most likely locations and scenarios which result in laptop loss and theft.
- Mobile employees’ responsibility towards protecting an organization’s and their clients’ information.
- Tactics and solutions that help protect mobile devices and sensitive corporate data.
- Baseline knowledge of laptop theft prevention.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance issues surrounding the protected data they carry with them.
- What laptop thieves don’t want you to know.
- Actual crime footage of actual laptop thefts and interviews with professional laptop thieves.
Attendees of Detective Coffey’s Laptop Theft Awareness Program leave the presentation with a clear understanding of their responsibilities and individual role regarding the protection of company/client data. This laptop theft prevention seminar is ideal for sales meetings, safety training programs, and annual meetings.
Lies Cons and Stolen Briefcases:
How to Outfox Crooks and Protect Your Property While on the Road
After this program, travelers will understand and be familiar with:
- How thieves target and select their victims.
- Defensive strategies for protecting themselves while traveling.
- The 25 most common locations and methods where travelers are victimized in airports, hotels, and car rental agencies.
- How laptops are stolen and how to protect them.
Protecting Your Good Name and Assets
- Why people commit identity theft
- Discussion of identity theft cases, myths and truths
- The newest methods of theft, including the internet
- Precautions you can take to minimize your chance of victimization
- What to do if victimized?
Know Before You Go: A Guide to International Travelers
- Pr-departure considerations
- Customs registration & declaration of goods
- Identify why and how international travelers are victimized
- Prevent and/or reduce the chance of luggage theft/pilferage
- Deal with emergency passport and airline ticket replacement
- Understand the importance of luggage, car rental, and health insurance while abroad
- Understand what U.S. Consuls can and cannot do for you while abroad
- International safety tips
Street Smart Survival Skills:
How to Prevent From Becoming a Victim of Street Crime While Traveling
- How street criminals select their victims and why
- How criminals test victims for their “victim potential”
- How to respond to strangers
- What to do during and after a violent encounter
- How to survive a street robbery, assault or sexual assault
- The Do’s & Don’ts when confronted with weapons
Travel Safety and the Tour, Travel & Meeting Manager:
A Guide for Understanding and Implementing Safety and Security Measures for Their Clients
- After this program, the attendees will understand:
- What other companies, corporations, travel, and meeting professionals are doing to insure the safety and security of their travelers
- How and when to address travelers about travel safety
- Most cost effective steps to accomplish this training
- What safety and security areas to address in hotel site inspections
- How to reduce company’s liability concerns
Hotel Safety and Security:
Some Arresting Thoughts on Unwelcome Guests
- After this program, travelers will understand and be familiar with:
- Why criminals target travelers in hotels
- What locations within hotels are most targeted by criminals and compromise guest safety
- How criminals outfox hotel employees and gain information about hotel guests
- How criminals burglarize guest rooms, and the prevention of these crimes
- Hotel fire safety procedures
- How to best protect laptops at conferences, in meeting rooms and hotel rooms
KEVIN COFFEY BOOKS
Detective Kevin Coffey is the founder of Corporate Travel Safety, which specializes in travel safety seminars, training tapes and travel safety products.
Kevin is an active, 23-year police veteran, currently employed with one of the largest police departments in the United States, and holds the rank of Detective Sergeant.
He founded the Airport Crimes Investigations Detail and has been personally responsible for investigating thousands of crimes committed against travelers at airports, hotels, and car rental agencies.
Kevin’s expertise has allowed him to identify the most common methods and locations used by professional criminals who target travelers, and to develop strategies to reduce traveler’s victim potential.
As a pioneer in the area of travel safety, he is passionate about reducing the victimization of travelers in airports, hotels, and while on the road. He is the author of two books, “Traveler Beware! An Undercover Cop’s Guide to Avoiding Pickpockets, Luggage Theft and Travel Scams”.
Kevin is the media’s favorite expert on travel safety and related topics. Most likely you recognize him from appearances on Oprah, 20/20, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, The Travel Channel, Court TV, The Today Show or countless other broadcasts. He is regularly quoted in the written press, including: USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Tribune, Fortune, Inc., as well as in many trade publications.