Dr. Gary S. Goodman is a unique resource in the fields of customer service, sales, and telemarketing. Combining over twenty years of leading-edge business and consulting experience as President of The Goodman Organization, he is also a best-selling author of twelve books, including Please Don’t Shoot The Messenger!: How To Talk To Demanding Bosses, Clueless Colleagues, Tough Customers, and Difficult Clients Without Losing Your Cool (or Your Job!) ,Monitoring, Measuring & Managing Customer Service and his latest, Dr. Gary S. Goodman’s 77 Best Practices in Negotiation.
Dr. Goodman’s seminars have been sponsored by over forty universities across the country, including the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where he teaches in the Entrepreneurship and Marketing programs. With a consulting list that reads like a “Who’s Who,” Goodman’s clients include Dupont, Fidelity Investments, Metropolitan Life, Polaroid, and Kraft. Goodman also writes articles for prominent publications such as Time Magazine’s Internet edition. Goodman holds a Communications PhD from USC, a law degree from Loyola, and an MBA from the Peter F. Drucker School at Claremont Graduate University, and is a popular guest on radio and television programs throughout the United States, Australia, and Canada.
Best Practices In Negotiation
Best Practices In Negotiation is a universally applauded training program, offered at UC Berkeley, UCLA, and at leading corporations and organizations around the world. Developed and personally delivered by “edu-preneur” and Fortune 1000 consultant, Dr. Gary S. Goodman, the complete on-site program includes a needs assessment and customization, two days of group training, individual coaching and counseling, management briefings, and performance improvement measurement. It is a fast-track to making better deals while developing lasting relationships. Its contribution to the bottom-line can be dramatic, yielding a quick, 1,000%-plus payback on program investment.
WHY You Will Learn
Ben Franklin said: “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me, and I learn.” This program will engage and challenge you. Through realistic simulations, you’ll practice and internalize new techniques that have been publicized nowhere else, true innovations in negotiation, providing you with a competitive edge, deeper self-confidence, and the ability to set and reach higher transnational goals.
WHAT You Will Learn
The agenda includes: Self-Assessment: Understanding Your Negotiation Style, 77 Best Practices In Negotiation, Anatomy of A Negotiation Transaction, Countering Dodges & Dirty Tricks, The Negotiation Pyramid, Avoiding Deadlocks & Defensiveness, Justifying Your Prices & Profits, Sweetening Deals Without Money, Troubleshooting Your Most Challenging Negotiation Situations, and more.
- Innovations In Negotiation
- How To Communicate With Crystal Clarity
- The Law Of Large Numbers: How To Make Success Inevitable!
- How To Consistently Deliver First-Class Customer Service
- Please Don’t Shoot The Messenger!: How To Break Bad News Without Losing Your Cool, Your Customers, or Your Job
- Monitoring, Measuring & Motivating Service Staff
- How To Revive Inactive Accounts 50% Of The Time
- How To Cross-Sell, Up-Sell, and Suggestively-Sell
- Secrets of Consultative Selling
- Selling Skills For The Non-Salesperson
- How To Make Service Transactions Up To 50% Shorter, But Better
- Mastering The Outbound Sales Call
- Mastering The Inbound Service & Sales Call
- How To Become A Dynamic Communicator Through The Use of The Three T’s: Text, Tone, & Timing
- How To Defuse Angry & Defensive Clients
- How To Create A More POSITIVE Workplace
- How To Fairly & Accurately Measure Telephone Effectiveness & Service Quality
- How To Introduce Merit-Pay & Pay-For-Performance Plans Into Customer Service
- How To GET 1st Class Customer Service From Reluctant Representatives & Surly Staff
Every field has at least one person who makes a critical difference — a true innovator. In customer service, sales, and telemarketing, it’s Dr. Gary S. Goodman. He combines over twenty years of leading-edge business and consulting experience with a Communications Ph.D. from USC, an MBA from the Peter F. Drucker School at Claremont Graduate University, and a J.D. from Loyola Law School. He also brings a fun sense of humor along with several celebrity impressions to his keynote speeches, seminars, and convention programs.
A best-selling author, Gary’s insights and new techniques fill 12 books including Please Don’t Shoot The Messenger!; Monitoring, Measuring & Managing Customer Service; How to Sell Like A Natural Born Salesperson; You Can Sell Anything By Telephone!; Selling Skills For The Nonsalesperson; and Six-Figure Consulting. .
Gary’s seminars are sponsored internationally and endorsed by over forty universities across the country, including the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and U.C. Berkeley, where he teaches in the Extension Business and Marketing programs.