Don Hutson, the Chairman and CEO of U.S. Learning and the Chairman of the Board of Executive Books, is an accomplished corporate speaker and trainer who works primarily with Fortune 1000 Companies. Don is the author of twelve books, including The Sale and the New York Times No. 1 bestseller, The One Minute Entrepreneur, which he co-authored with Dr. Ken Blanchard. The Sale sold more than 75,000 copies, while The One Minute Entrepreneur has sold more than 125,000 copies.
Audiences are captivated and entertained by Don’s personal anecdotes, used to drive home the business solutions he offers in his presentations. Participants leave each of his presentations on-track and focused, with new skills, attitudes, and ideas that work at the “street level”. Don’s books, tapes, and other resources are brimming with usable, take home, everyday advice and skills for success. While he has earned a reputation as a motivator, Don provides more than a “cheerleading” session. He empowers audience members with skills and cutting edge strategies needed to succeed in today’s business environment.
The One Minute Negotiator
- Moving from Victim to Victor in a Life Filled with Negotiations
- The rampant disease of “Negotiaphobia” and the 3-Step E-A-S-Y Process to Treat it
- The Flawed Tactic of Compromise
- The Four Viable Negotiation Strategies and when to use each one
- Pearls of Wisdom for Experiencing More Success with Less Stress in your Life
The One Minute Entrepreneur
- The “Four P’s” for Solid Results (Passion, Profit, People, Priorities)
- How Differentiation helps you be their best choice
- The Keys for Success in Business
- The Attributes of Entrepreneurial Leaders
- How to Turn Success Into Significance
The High Performance Selling Edge
- Learn the latest cutting edge selling skills & strategies that make clients say WOW!
- Relationship Selling: Keys & Strategies that build immediate rapport
- How to be Outstanding! The 6 Keys to differentiation to BLAST by your toughest competitors
- Re-margin your Profit Zone: Build Value-rather than cut price!
- Do you have what it takes? Attributes of consistent high performers
Twenty-first Century Leadership
- Creating a break-through high performance team
- 5 Powerful Leadership Strategies that Work
- Coaching – Gold Medal focus for Outstanding Results
- The Secrets of Exceptional Managers : Managing Different People Differently
- Leadership Style: Earning Loyalty from Top Producers
The Art of Selling to Different People Differently
- Developing your Personal Power: 4 Keys to Understanding Human Behavior
- The “A” Factor – The key to high productivity
- Personality Plus: How to project an authentic image of excellence
- How To Attract and Retain Profitable Customers The philosophy of Abundance: 4 Steps to Boundless Market Share
Motivation to the Max!
- Learn to tap into our greatest Source of personal power
- The KEY to getting and staying motivated
- Information Overload – the 3 “P”s to your Personal best
- Discipline Dynamics: Finding the key to personal excellence
- What is a “Contented Achiever” and how to become one?
Keeping Customers Happy for LIFE!
- Developing Customer Centric Service Strategies
- Wow your Customers – Performing Customer Service Miracles!
- How to provide EXTREME customer care
- Meeting & Exceeding the 10 New Consumer Service Demands
- Building & Developing your own USP – Personal Branding
For more than 30 years, Don Hutson has been in the business of making people believe they can do better and giving them the skills to do it. He energizes audiences into action and is known for delivering real solutions for business professionals.
In preparation for each presentation, Don does extensive research into the needs and opportunities of your company or organization. After you complete a pre-program questionnaire, he is available to discuss your objectives and needs, his plans for the presentation, and the best ways to accomplish your goals. As the engagement nears, he will work closely with you regarding the logistics of your event and coordinate with other speaker topics. His travel arrangements will be shared with your representative.
When Don Hutson arrives on-site for your event, he will contact your representative, work closely with your technical audio and video staff, be available to his introducer, be on time for his presentation, and be appropriately dressed and ready to go.
On stage, Don never uses off color language, never offends audience members, avoids derogatory references to race, creed, color, age, or religion. He always seeks permission prior to an engagement to single out an audience member for good-natured humor during his presentation. Humor and great stories to reinforce ideas are Don’s stock in trade. Don uses visual aids to reinforce his ideas as he speaks and involves the audience throughout his presentation. He adapts maturely and appropriately to unavoidable problems that arise. At the wishes of the meeting planner, Don Hutson will make a brief announcement (less than one minute) regarding his training products for those attendees interested in follow-up learning aids. Don does not exceed his time limit unless asked to do so.
Don Hutson’s careers in speaking, management and sales have brought him many honors. He successfully worked his way through the University of Memphis, graduating with a degree in Sales. After becoming the #1salesperson in a national training organization, he established his own training firm and was soon in demand as a professional speaker.
Don’s client list includes over two-thirds of the Fortune 500, and he is featured in over 100 training films. He is CEO of U.S. Learning, Chairman of Executive Books, and makes some 75 speaking appearances per year. Perhaps you have seen him on national television where he has been featured on both PBS and Fox News.
Don is a member of the prestigious Speakers Roundtable. He was elected by his peers to the presidency of the National Speakers Association, and has received its coveted “Cavett Award,” as member of the year. He has also been inducted into NSA’s Speakers Hall of Fame.
Don Hutson is the recipient of the following awards and honors:
• Past President, National Speakers Association
• Cavett Award (NSA Member of the Year)
• 1999 Consummate Speaker of the Year Award
• SMEI’s International Speaker Hall of Fame
• St. Jude Hospital Humanitarian Award
• Member, Speakers Roundtable
• CSP (Certified Speaking Professional)