Claire Raines is recognized as the leading expert on generations in the workplace. Over the past 25 years, she has produced books, videos, workshops, a game and an assessment on the generations at work.
Claire believes we can be more productive and have more fun at work when we understand the ways in which we are shaped by our times.
Claire has shared her findings in speeches, workshops, books, and videos, earning national awards for her groundbreaking and practical information. Her best selling books include Generations at Work, Twenty-something, Connecting Generations, Beyond Generation X, The Xers & The Boomers, The Art of Connecting, and Millennials@Work. Claire and Sandy Mazarakis designed Connecting Generations, a game that teaches people how to be more effective in work and family situations by adapting to generational differences.
Who They Are
• Shaped by Their Times
• Compelling Messages
• Millennial Characteristics
• The Digital Divide
• 6 Principals of Millennial Management
• The Workplace of Tomorrow
• Gettng Ready for the Millennials
• The Handbasket Theory
• 3 Cool Ideas for Managing Millennials
• Millennials at work: Assets & Liabilities
• Millennials: What They Want from a Jobn
• Where Employers Go Wrong with Millennials
• Millennial Learning Preferences
• Millennial Communications
Generations at Work
This presentation gives business leaders an overview of today’s four American generations:
- The Veterans, the Boomers, the Xers, and the Nexters
- The New Mixed-Generation Workplace
- Defining Moments & Formative Years
- Work Orientation by Generation
- Managing by Generation: Work Environment, Communication,
Managing & Motivating Generation X
This presentation explores the work orientation of employees in their twenties and thirties, offering business leaders practical information about:
- Who is Generation X?
- How are they different?
- What are their work characteristics, assets, and liabilities?
- What attracts and retains them?
- How do they want to be managed?
The Xers & the Boomers
From Adversaries to Allies The Boomers and the Xers will be working side by side for the next three decades, but they differ significantly in the ways they see the world-especially the world of work.
- Boomers, Xers: The Times That Shaped Them
- Work Characteristics & Communication Differences
- Their Complaints Against Each Other
- 10 Delineators
- Levels of Response
- How to Work Together More Effectively
The Next Generation of Workers This fact-filled presentation profiles the Millennial Generation, those born between 1980 and 2000.
12 Millennial Markers
- Core Values
- Trends & Issues that Affect Young Employees and Consumers
- Millennials on the Job: Assets & Liabilities
- Meeting the Challenge of Work/Life Balance
Author, consultant, and speaker Claire Raines works with companies around the world to help them understand and incorporate differences. With book sales of more than 100,000, she is a leading expert on the generations.
For her newest book, The Art of Connecting, Claire and co-author Lara Ewing studied people like National Public Radio’s famed Terry Gross who are masterful at connecting with others from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Claire has been studying the generations for more than twenty years. Her findings have been published in five books; Connecting Generations, Generations at Work(one of Soundview’s top business books of 2000), The Xers & The Boomers, Beyond Generation X, and Twentysomething (named one of the best business books of 1992).
Claire has been featured widely in the media, including CNN Financial News, the Today Show, Business Week, and Fast Company. She co-created the boardgame Connecting Generations™ and has hosted four training videos.
Her speeches and seminars help business leaders, managers, salespeople, team members, and customer service representatives to achieve better results with real-life business challenges. Last year’s clients included PriceWaterhouseCoopers, a school district in upstate New York, and the Diversity Council of the Conference Board.
- Generations at Work
- Managing and Motivating Generation X
- The Xers & The Boomers: From Adversaries to Allies
- The Next Generation of Workers