Web strategy pioneer, Philippa Gamse has been working with Internet applications since 1991. Long before most people saw the potential power of online communication tools, Philippa was an “Internet evangelist” for a major national nonprofit organization, inspiring her colleagues to work together online, and building the expertise that led to her form her own consulting and speaking practice. She is regularly contacted by clients and the media for her expertise on subjects including eBusiness strategy best practices, creating Websites that produce results, and small business online techniques and solutions.
Philippa is the author of the critically-acclaimed book 42 Rules for a Web Presence That Wins (2nd ed.). She is a Professor of Digital & Social Media Marketing at Hult International Business School, and a Certified Management Consultant – an ISO-accredited designation recognized in over 60 countries.
Originally from the UK, Philippa formed her US-based consulting and speaking practice in 1995. She drills deep into the visitor experience, and creates actionable and specific recommendations for your web and social media presence. Clients report significant improvement in quality web traffic, visitor engagement, customer loyalty and qualified sales leads within 30 days of implementing her recommendations.
As a speaker, Philippa excels in stripping away the “geek-speak” and delivering practical, easy to understand, immediately applicable advice. She customizes each program with examples relevant to the interests of her audience, often conducting impromptu live “clinics” for the websites of participants. Clients appreciate it – over 75% of her speaking engagements come from referrals and repeat business.
The Top Seven Rules that Define your Digital Strategy
Effective digital marketing requires consistently well thought-out and well executed strategies and tactics. Many decisions are involved in ensuring that you’re investing wisely in your online presence, making the most of all opportunities, and maximizing your return on investment.
This program discusses the most effective strategies and tactics for ensuring a winning website, social media and mobile presence.
You’ll learn how to:
- Design and implement an integrated website, social media and mobile marketing plan
- Ensure an optimal web governance structure within your organization, assigning the right roles to the right people
- Create emotionally compelling content to appeal to different audiences, for minimum confusion and maximum engagement
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your digital presence to cut through the politics and maximize success
Leadership Best Practices for Digital Success
With good planning and implementation, your digital presence should be both a revenue-generating and a cost-savings centre that positions you at the cutting edge of your industry.
But instead of fitting conveniently into a “box” within one department, the web and social media impact your entire business. The hierarchical management structure of many organizations doesn’t just fail to leverage digital opportunities – it quite often sabotages them!
So, where does your digital presence “live” within your business, and who should be in charge of it? What management and leadership skills are required? How do you overcome all the politics and “turf” issues?
This presentation explores best governance and leadership practices for ensuring digital success.
Following the program, you will understand how to:
- Create the best management and decision-making structure within your organization
- Think outside traditional (and limiting) departmental boundaries
- Distinguish between helpful and misleading best practices
- Get beyond “politics and pecking orders” to maximize effective decision-making
Creating Digital Connections – With Feeling!
Visitors to your digital presence make decisions on an emotional basis, even if they quickly rationalize those decisions. Yet many websites are dry, unappealing, and often frustrating. Social media communications simply promote “company-speak”, and fail to engage their followers in authentic dialogue.
So is it really possible to connect emotionally on a screen? How do we show that we recognize who our visitors are and what they need? How do we make them feel listened to, understood and appreciated? How do we motivate them to do business with us? How do we provide the next best thing to a real conversation with a real person?
This program explores ways to personalize your visitors’ experience, so that you can create and sustain lasting – and profitable – digital relationships.
Following this highly customized program, you’ll know how to:
- Identify and construct “personas” for a deeper understanding of your various audiences
- Create engaging content and compelling navigation structures for maximum appeal and minimum confusion
- Promote your business online with credibility, authenticity and differentiation
- Avoid common mistakes which annoy visitors and block conversions
Big Data for Any-Size Company
I’ve audited over 5,000 web presences since 1995, and over 95% of them were leaving money on the table – either through missed opportunities for sales and leads, or through time and energy expended to little or no avail.
There are plenty of evaluation tools, both for your website, and increasingly, for social and mobile media. Yet many business owners are still not sure how to measure their digital success, or how to identify clear problems – and they’re leaking money and other resources every day.
Find out what’s really going on with your digital marketing efforts – and how to leverage them effectively. This program will help you to ensure that you’re using the best tactics, allocating an appropriate mix of resources, making the most of all opportunities, and maximizing your return on investment.
You’ll learn how to:
- Select digital marketing measurement tools to meet your specific needs
- Drill down beyond the “feel-good” numbers for actionable information
- Identify and fix hidden “leaks” in your digital presence which are draining your bottom line
- Apply new insights across the organization for maximum impact
PHILIPPA GAMSE ARTICLES
PHILIPPA GAMSE’s BOOKS
2nd Edition Just RELEASED!!
This book was created for business owners, executives and managers, associations and nonprofit organizations who want to understand what it takes to create and sustain a successful web presence. It’s primarily designed for businesses which are not pure e-commerce companies, and that probably don’t have the resources to deploy major enterprise software solutions and dedicated in-house technical teams.
- Management-level Issues
- Setting Strategy and Tactics
- Creating Content That Makes Connections
- Measuring Results
TO PURCHASE ONLINE: