James Mapes is a recognized expert on the psychology of applied imagination and helps people use creativity and innovation to take individual and organizational performance to new levels. Even in a challenging world there is great possibility; coaching and empowering leaders past what they know to be possible, Mapes skillfully stretches people’s perceptions to see new possibilities and experience the power of their imagination. A dynamic speaker with energy and humor, he captures and holds his audience’s attention with fascinating demonstrations that leave no doubt: “You Achieve What You Imagine.”
Participants leave with a clear understanding that the powerful mental pictures we all carry around with us—the opportunities we see—are forces that can lead organizations to break-through performance. They learn how to recognize and embrace self-limiting fear and apply the imagination in ways that engage followers and help them achieve their goals. Perhaps, most importantly, they leave with practical skills they can put to immediate use and the motivation to apply their own imagination with the clarity and power to create their own successful future—at work and in their personal lives. As a recognized performance coach, best-selling author of Quantum Leap Thinking: An Owner’s Guide to the Mind and founder of the Transformational Coach Program™, Mapes has spoken to more than 2,000 organizations in 70 countries. His practical insights have been included in numerous training manuals and textbooks of companies, associations, universities and business schools. His new book The Elephant and the Rider: Living an Exceptional Life is scheduled for publication in late 2011.
Success and the ability to lead organizations toward their goals literally depend on how people use their imaginations. Exceptional individuals in all walks of life have the capability to think creatively and open up new opportunities for innovation. These are the individuals who have mastered the skill of visualizing a dynamic and successful future and then creating what they envision with optimism and hope. Einstein’s words have never rung truer, “Imagination is more important than knowledge. It is a preview of life’s coming attractions.” James Mapes, the leading authority on the psychology of “applied imagination,” demonstrates that leadership and success can be achieved by a clear understanding and application of the mind. James skillfully stretches people’s perceptions to see new possibilities and experience how their own imagination works. He guides his audience to understand that the powerful mental pictures we all carry around with us impact the opportunities we see and are the force which shapes how we thrive in challenging times.
Based on his successful signature program and best-selling book, Quantum Leap Thinking, James Mapes has created this new, engaging, practical, interactive and entertaining program. James engages his audiences into action and holds the audience’s attention with a compelling series of stories, demonstrations and video clips that leave no doubt that “you can achieve what you imagine.” Participants will experience applying their own imagination to craft a personal “vision” that instills passion and motivation at work and in their personal lives. The audience will leave this thought-provoking, fascinating and inspiring journey having learned:
- How to apply the imagination to lead successfully and achieve goals
- How to craft a compelling, emotional, realistic and persuasive future vision that engages your team
- How to recognize and break through limiting fears that hold us back from achievement
- How to use core values to unlock motivation and empower an organization
- How to take risks and do more with less in challenging times
- How to manage change for growth
What is leadership, really? The business world is awash with leadership philosophies, how-to books and training institutes that can leave even the savvy manager perplexed as to exactly how to encourage employees to develop their own leadership styles. It is important to push aside the clutter and get back to a fundamental understanding of which “true” leadership traits are essential for success. The adage “leaders are born, not made” is questionable, as it takes hard work to craft a leadership style that fully engages the potential in every individual. In this provocative, lively and interactive presentation, renowned performance coach and best-selling author James Mapes incorporates his legendary humor, movie clips and an array of audience exercises to reveal:
- The five core traits of all great leaders
- Why morality, a nice disposition and power do not necessarily make a great leader
- A road map for participants to enhance their personal leadership style and permanently transform it
- How to craft an emotionally charged, clear and realistic future vision that maximizes all of the talent throughout an organization
Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy™
Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy™ is meant to serve as an adjunct to patient treatment. This program can be presented directly to patients or as a workshop for medical staff.
This groundbreaking interactive learning experience reduces fear and anxiety, manages negative stress and creates a healing consciousness for recovery. “Stress, depression and anxiety prior to surgery have all been associated with poor surgical recovery,” writes Jan Kiecolt-Glaser, professor of psychiatry and psychology at Ohio State University. Studies show that reducing negative stress reduces fear, improves immune function, reduces pain and helps promote faster healing after surgery. Attendees will:
- Experience two highly-engaging participatory exercises to unlock the untapped powers of the imagination
- Discover how the application of “positive imagery” that will help them successfully manage even the most difficult challenges
- Learn techniques to reduce stress, improve a sense of well-being and move toward the procedure with calmness, hope and an understanding of the mind-body connection
- Experience a 15-minute closed-eye relaxation/visualization that instills calmness, hope, motivation for wellness and healing
- Receive a recording of a relaxation/visualization to listen to twice a day for minimum of 1 week before surgery
With Patient Pre-op/Post-op Healing Therapy™, James calls upon his 30 years of experience as a peak performance coach, business speaker, medical facilitator and clinical hypnotist. This presentation is based on both his extensive experience in helping patients prepare for all forms of surgery as well as his own open heart surgery.
Patient program length: 60-75 minutes. Physician workshop length: 2 Hours
TO PURCHASE ONLINE: