Rich Kizer & Georganne Bender are professional speakers, authors and consultants whose client list reads like a Who’s Who in business. Companies internationally depend upon them for timely advice on consumers and the changing market place.
KIZER & BENDER made Meetings & Conventions Magazine’s list of Meeting Planners Favorite Keynote Speakers; they’ve also been named Two of Retailing’s Most Influential People. And with good reason: Rich and Georganne are experts on generational diversity, consumer trends, marketing and promotion and everything retail.
They are widely referred to as consumer anthropologists because they stalk and study that most elusive of mammals: today’s consumer. KIZER & BENDER are well known for their unique and intensive consumer research. Any speaker can talk about customers, but Georganne and Rich actually become them. In addition to yearly focus groups, one-on-one interviews, and intensive on-site studies, their research includes posing as every kind of customer you can imagine, and maybe even a few that you can’t. The result of their research is literally straight from the customers’ mouth: solid ground level intelligence you can use to better serve your own customers.
KIZER & BENDER’S observations are widely featured in the medias, including the ABC News special report “How Stores Hook You.” Their books Champagne Strategies on a Beer Budget! and Jingle Bells… Christmas Sells: Events Promotions & Tips for the Holiday Season” have helped thousands of retailers improve their bottom line. Their by-lined column, Georganne & Rich on the Road was twice honored with The American Society of Business Publication Editors Award of Excellence (ASBPE).
Since 1989, KIZER & BENDER’S presentations have blended brilliant content with colorful examples, humor and insight. You’ll learn while you laugh! And you’ll come away with inspiration, strategies, tactics, tips and techniques you can use the second you return to your business!
Some of Rich and Georganne’s Programs
• The Crackle Factor™ Taking your Business Off Auto-Pilot: It’s time to turn off the auto-pilot and make your store crackle again! You may have noticed that there is something missing in retail stores lately. Too many stores look and feel the same: stale, uninspired and staffed with people who look like they’d much rather be somewhere else, doing something else. Now, you might read this and think, “not my store”, but what if your perception is wrong? How your customers view your store is what counts, and today’s savvy customers want stores that CRACKLE! Retail anthropologists, Rich Kizer & Georganne Bender call it “The Crackle Factor™”, that wonderful feeling of anticipation customers get every time they visit their favorite store. That “you never know what cool thing is around the corner” kind of feeling that builds in the pit of your stomach. Crackle! isn’t the merchandise you sell, and it’s not the four walls of your store; Crackle! is what your customers feel each time they walk inside your front door. Join Kizer & Bender as they share what successful retailers do to re-invent their stores and consistently create unique customer experiences. If your Crackle Factor™ has fizzled out, then you won’t want to miss this exciting and profitable presentation. You’ll leave armed with enough crackling ideas to thrill your customers and leave your competition in the dust!
• Neutralizing Your Competition: How to Stand Tall in a Crowd of Competitors: It’s a competitive world out there! A retail chain does something cool for its customers and the other big boxes follow suite. The leading independent introduces a new service and the store across town adds it, too. Pretty soon every store is doing the same things to build traffic, yet customers fail to take notice. That’s because the things that were once considered “out there” have been deemed ordinary by today’s consumers. With so many retailers doing the same things the question is this: What are you doing in your own store that makes it special? What are you willing to do for your customers that no other store can knock off? Are you willing to forget the latest self-help book from the latest guru and rely on the uniqueness of your store and your people? “Neutralizing Your Competition” is chock-full of strategies and tactics, tips and techniques to set you far above your competition. You’ll leave this presentation armed with the tools and the know-how to keep loyal customers close and attracting new ones.
• Are Your Promotions Causing Commotions: Have you longed to host traffic-building, door-spinning promotional events? Do you want to be the next one to hold an event envied by retailers all across the country? Would you like to have at least one no-cost, low-cost in-store event penciled in for each and every month on your promotional planning calendar? Then this is the sales-building seminar you’ve been waiting for! For over 25 years Rich Kizer and Georganne Bender have collected and personally tested no cost, low cost retail events and promotions. You’ll learn the secrets to running successful in-store promotional events, plus all the pre and post planning essentials you’ll need to go along with them. Created expressly for retailers, this seminar is loaded with retailer-tested, tried and true “Non-stop Traffic-Building, Profit-Producing, Attention-Grabbing, Sales-Generating, Competition-Miffing, Customer-Winning Retail Promotions you just can’t afford to miss!™”
• Prospering in Turbulent Times: Today’s consumers have more choices then they’ve ever had before. And where you once had competition, you now are faced with hyper-competition — and that competition comes at you from all sides. Customers can buy what you sell in any number of places: your competitors, on-line, catalogs, kiosks–you name it. That means that your company has to be better than ever, and you need to do the things that make you different; special–things that make customers want to choose your business above all others. During Prospering in Turbulent Times Rich Kizer & Georganne Bender share what they’ve found it takes to be successful in today’s crazy and competitive marketplace. You’ll learn strategies, tactics, tips and techniques to improve your operation, thrill your customers and dramatically improve your bottom line.
• The Science of Shopping: How to Set Your Sales Floor to Sell!
One of the most challenging aspects of retailing is choosing the layout that’s right for your store’s unique configuration; another is to combine it with eye-appealing displays that pull customers in and convince them to buy. Your savvy customers want more than just a place to buy “stuff”; they can do that anywhere. They want to be entertained and visually stimulated, and they want to shop in a unique environment that makes their shopping decisions easier. You want that too, but in order to do that your store’s ambience, décor, signing, and displays must all work together, creating sales even when your associates are busy helping other customers.
This presentation offers up ideas and advice you can take to the bank! You’ll learn: The most popular and productive store layouts, plus how to choose the one that makes sense for your store; How to choose interior colors and décor elements to create an ambiance that encourages customers to buy; What you need to know when choosing exterior signing; The key elements of in-store lighting; How to properly identify your store’s Decompression Zone; How to use Speed Bump Displays, Strike Zone Merchandising, Power Walls, and Merchandise Outposts; Where to place your Checkout Counter for optimal success; How to use Cross-Merchandising, Vertical Merchandising, and Color Ribboning, and more! You’ll leave armed with strategies, tactics, tips and techniques you will be able to use the second you return to your store!
Each attendee will receive a free copy of KIZER & BENDER’s
Visual Merchandising ebook that covers the topics presented and more!
• Digital in Diapers: Marketing to Millennials & Generation Z
Welcome to the age of the NEW consumer: a younger consumer who demands to be taken seriously; a consumer who knows their way around social media and is not afraid to use it to their advantage. These two “new” generations, are as different as they are similar, and they are changing how we do business. You’ll meet: Generation Z: The “Zeds” are the first 21st Century generation, and although they may resemble the kids of our past, they are very different. This is a generation of little adults, marketers call it KYOG: Kids Getting Older Younger – six is the new sixteen. Zeds left the womb knowing how to work a computer/smartphone/tablet and never looked back. They’ve always carried the Internet in their pockets – they do not know life without technology. The Millennials: Before the Zeds came along, the Millennials were said to be the most beloved and doted upon children ever to walk the face of the Earth. This has produced a generation of brand conscious, question-asking consumers who enjoy plenty of personal attention. They expect to be your most important customers. Join consumer anthropologists Rich Kizer and Georganne Bender and learn strategies to help you understand their personalities, the events that shaped them, things that motivate them, and most importantly, what’s required to connect with them in person and online. You’ll learn smart ways to promote your business on social medias; what to post to encourage conversation, which social medias younger generations prefer, and more.
Rich KIZER & Georganne BENDER BIO
Rich Kizer and Georganne Bender are professional speakers, authors and consultants whose client list reads like a Who’s Who in business. Companies internationally depend upon them for timely advice on consumers and the changing retail market place.
KIZER & BENDER are contributors to MSNBC’s television program Your Business. They made Meetings & Conventions Magazine’s list of Meeting Planners Favorite Keynote Speakers, have been named two of Retailing’s Most Influential People, are included in the Top 40 Omnichannel Retail Influencers, and have been listed among the Top 50 Retail Influencers since 2015. Their Retail Adventures blog was named the Top Retail Blog by PR Newswire Media, and was recently included in the Top 25 Websites for Retailers, the Top 50 Retail Blogs, 24 Retail Blogs Every Small Business Entrepreneur Should Be Reading, and the 7 Best Retail Publications.
Rich and Georganne are experts on generational diversity, consumer trends, marketing and promotion, and everything retail. They are widely referred to as consumer anthropologists because they stalk and study that most elusive of mammals: today’s consumer. Any speaker can talk about consumers, but Georganne and Rich actually become them. In addition to yearly focus groups, one-on-one interviews, and intensive on-site studies, their research includes posing as every kind of customer you can imagine; and maybe even a few that you can’t. The result of their research is literally straight from the mouth of the consumer: solid ground level intelligence you can use to better serve your own customers.
KIZER & BENDER’s observations are widely featured in national newspapers, national and international industry and consumer publications, and on radio and television programs across the U.S. These include, The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, Las Vegas Review Journal, NBC, CBS, WGN, ABC, MSNBC,National Public Radio (NPR), The Voice of America, AARP, and National Retail Federation publications. Their books “Visual Merchandising & Store Design: How to Set Your Sales Floor to Sell”, “Digital Marketing: Essential Strategies for a Noisy World”, “BRANDING!”, and “Jingle Bells…Christmas Sells: Events, Promotions & Tips for the Holiday Season!” have helped thousands of retailers improve their bottom line. Their by-lined column, Georganne & Rich on the Road is a two time winner of the American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) Award of Excellence.
KIZER & BENDER are married – just not to each other! 2017 marks their 27th year as a speaking team. Their presentations blend brilliant content with colorful examples, humor, and insight. You’ll learn while you laugh! And you’ll come away with inspiration, ideas, strategies, tactics, tips and techniques you can use the second you return to your business!
PARTIAL LIST OF INDUSTRIES and ASSOCIATIONS KIZER & BENDER HAVE PRESENTED TO:
Apparel Auto Liquor
Crafts Merchandise Marts Small Engine Repair
Hardware Convenience Markets Hospital
Furniture Oil Companies Volunteer Associations
Lumber Lottery Bowling Proprietors
Music Campgrounds Funeral/Cemetery
Carpeting National Parks Art Materials
Product Designers Flooring Hobby & Models
Independent Retailers RV Pharmacy
Convenience Hair Salon After Market & Accessories
U.S. Army Quilting Spa
Pubic Lands Alliance Pottery Studios Travel/Tourism
State Associations Chamber s of Commerce Indoor Tanning
Equestrian Associations Home Bldrs/Contractors Store Planning & Design